I had protected sex

I had protected sex with a condom but I am afraid that I might have contracted HIV.
Where can I go to get help and is it possible that I could be infected?

Editor's Comment

HIV is contracted by contact with body fluids. If you were using a condom the whole time that you had penetrative sex, and it did not break or come off, infection is unlikely. The best place to go for help is a specialist clinic called a GUM ( Genital-Urinary Medicine)clinic, where they can give you information and advice, and testing if they feel it is needed.
This story was sent in on 07/04/2014

Other similar/related stories…

My wife was about 6 weeks pregnant and having a miscarriage

My wife said it was impossible, she'd had her period…


She randomly texts me "I'm pregnant, I hate you"


Help & support is available

If you're struggling through a situation like that described above, or are being affected by similar issues from your past, no matter how long ago, help is available.

You can get free, sensitive & confidential help at a centre near you. Use these links for:

Got a story to tell?

Relating your story to other people can be very difficult but rewarding.

If you'd like to tell other readers, possibly facing the same problems you did, about your experiences please click the button to:

Tell your story →