I had protected sex but am worried I've contracted HIV

I had protected sex with a condom but I am afraid that I might have contracted HIV.
Where can I go to get help and is it possible that I could be infected?

This story was sent in on 07/04/2014

Editor's comment

HIV is contracted by contact with body fluids. If you were using a condom the whole time that you had penetrative sex, and it did not break or come off, infection is unlikely.

The best place to go for help is a specialist clinic called a GUM (Genito-Urinary Medicine) clinic, where they can give you information and advice, and testing if they feel it is needed.

If you're in the UK you can search for GUM Clinics on the NHS website .

Previous/next story

She randomly texts me "I'm pregnant, I hate you"

Next story »

Free help & support

If you're struggling through a situation similar to this Men's Stories story, or have been affected by issues in the past, no matter how long ago, help is available.

Get free, sensitive & confidential help at your nearest centre

Tell your story

Telling your story to others can be difficult but rewarding and you may just help somebody going through the same thing:

Tell your story »

Story Categories

Click below for stories in other categories: